European Solidarity Corps 4 Youth (ESC4Y) an opportunity for clusters to
- Offer European Youth a perspective,
- Offer them a job placement via the European Solidarity Corps!
What is the European Solidarity Corps?
The European Solidarity Corps is a project funded by the European Union. Its occupational strand aims to offer 6,000 fixed term work placements ranging from 2 to 12 months to young Europeans across the Union in occupations with a solidarity dimension.
The work placements can be in form of a job, a traineeship, or an apprenticeship.
The project «European Solidarity Corps for Youth” is part of the occupational strand of the European Solidarity Corps. It seeks to match potential SMEs/clusters and interested candidates.
The project website https://escorps.eu/en/ is the easiest entry door for both, potential SMEs/clusters and interested candidates.
On the SMEs’/clusters' side, there are many advantages and few obligations for taking part:
Any type of organisation from any economic sector can take part in the programme. The organisation needs to:
- Be legally established (have a legal identity) in the European Union
- Offer a paid fixed term job, traineeship or apprenticeship with a solidarity dimension
- Be compliant with labour and fiscal laws applicable in the country where you are established and the work placement takes place
As an SME/cluster, there are 9 good reasons for taking part:
- Your employment needs are taken into account
- You have access to talented youngsters who are rapidly operational
- You are supported by dedicated employment counsellors all along the process
- You may benefit from financial support for integrating the youngster in the team (up to €2,000) if your organisation is an SME (i.e. 250 employees maximum)
- You kick off or enhance your multicultural dimension
- You bring new perspectives to the team
- You explore business prospects abroad
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is more than words to you and the human factor counts
- You invest in Europe’s youth, contributing to shaping a better society for the next generation
SMEs/clusters can send their work placement offers to the project consortium by completing the form on the project website: https://escorps.eu/en/formulaire-entreprises/
They will be contacted and assisted by the EU Solidarity Corps counsellor in charge.